Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A quilt for baby Eva

I made this quilt for my friend Ella.  Her sweet baby Eva was born back in April.  That baby has the most wonderful parents! Such a lucky baby!
Ella runs the Mead Montessori School, so I thought the fabric would be appropriate.  I love the owls and children!

I did the backing in a super soft green fabric.  It's with all the minky and softy fabric, but I'm not sure of the offical name of it.  Let me tell you, it is fantastic!  I had a hard time parting with this quilt.  I wanted to snuggle under it!  It's not perfect, but I am getting better. 

This quilt is just a simple patchwork.  All the squares are 6 inches.  Trying to stick to easy until I get better.  Can't mess up too much when you have great fabric to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment