Saturday, June 11, 2011

Current work in progress

I started working on a quilt for my neighbor a couple of days ago.  A very simple layout, but the fabric is so pretty!


I still have to add one more white border around the edges and then I can make my quilt sandwich. The tutorial I used is from http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/04/hoopla-pops-quilt.html#more.  Moda Bake Shop is a favorite site of mine. I did change a few things from the tutorial.  I don't think I have every made something without changing it a bit! Just got to put my own spin on things!



The quilt is for my neighbor's neice.  She doesn't know the gender of the baby, so I thought this was a good neutral fabric.  I used Central Park by Kate Spain.  Any fabric by Kate Spain is amazing! The colors and designs are fabulous!!!


So now the question is what color backing do I use? I am thinking maybe something with yellow, orange or green.  I also need to decide if I want to do a solid backing or do I want to try a pieced backing.  I have a few pieces left from the charm pack I used, so I am leaning toward a pieced backing.  Any suggestions?  I would love to hear some opinions.  I will post more pictures as I get further into the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment