Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A baby quilt for Kayln

I finished this quilt for a dear friend of mine a couple of months ago.  Almost forgot to post pictures of it! I think I am the most pleased with this quilt.


The centers of the blocks are minky.  I love that stuff! Kinda a pain to work with when it's little squares, but soooo worth it.



My friend couldn't decide if she wanted to use her first daughter's nursery stuff, which is pink and brown, or if she wanted a new set she liked that was pink and green.  So I just used all the colors! Ha!



I just did simple outline quilting for this one.  One day I will try something a bit more complicated.  For the squares I used this tutorial, http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2010/07/stack-n-whack.html.  Very easy to follow.  I love this blog! You should check it out sometime.  Allison is very talented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment