Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wow! It's been a long time!

Hi everyone!  It has been a very long time since I posted last!  So much is going on. The best part is that I am now teaching prenatal yoga!  I have taken yoga for a few years now from my wonderful friend Lauren, and she talked me into teaching prenatal yoga.  It has been wonderful.  I get to meet so many wonderful pregnant women.  We always have fun in class. I am still teaching childbirth education classes at Lisa Ross Birth and Women's Center. So life is busy!

I have been doing a lot of sewing too.  Here are some pictures of what I've done recently.


Love this blanket!  Very simple to make, Minky on the back and flannel on the front.  Just cut to the size you want, sew together with wrong sides together.  Leave a small opening to turn right side out.  Then topstitch around the edge, closing the opening when you get there.  See...easy peasy!


A dear friend of mine had a baby in Feb, so of course I had to make this car seat cover for her.


There are tons of car seat canopy tutorials out there for these.  Here is one that is fairly simple but adorable.

I also made her a quilt for the new baby.


Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest.  Photography is not my talent.  However, my 11 yr old daughter seems to have "the touch" when it comes to pictures.  I may post some of her pictures later.


This quilt pattern came from here.


And the backing is chenille! So soft and cuddly.  I was afraid quilting would mess up the back, so I just tacked it together by hand here and there.  I would use contrasting thread and outline a design in one of the circles.  So it will stay together, but I didn't distroy the beautiful chenille.

I'm going to leave off here.  There are a ton more things to include, but I have three laundry baskets of clothes just waitin for me to put them away.  I will put up some more things in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment